Monday, June 13, 2016

Stardust, Always Interview With Kelly Kuebler


Her story Dying Is Harder on the Living can be found in the Stardust, Always anthology.

One fun fact?
I love to go to flea markets, antique shops and garage sales. I even work at an antique shop as an assistant manager.

What genre do you read?
I like chick lit, heritage or interesting historical novels, biographies, thrillers.

What genres do you write?
I write thriller/suspense and fictional dramas as far as novel writing goes. With screenplays or stage plays I lean towards drama-comedies or just comedies.

Where else can readers find your work?
Stardust, Always is my first published work outside of articles. My photographs, interviews and articles can all be seen on my website, www.kellykuebler.com.

What drove you to write for this anthology?
I wanted to find a way to honor my late grandfather and heal from his death (he passed in 2014 of bone cancer) and this anthology seemed like a way to do that. The group putting it together became like a support group for everyone and that really helped me cope. I also was shocked by the deaths of Bowie and Rickman so to be able to pay tribute to them while honoring my grandfather made this the perfect project to get involved in.

How long have you participated in Nanowrimo and the community?
I have done NaNoWriMo since 2006 but just got involved in the online community (mainly Facebook groups) 2 years ago.

Your story- is it part of a larger series or freestanding?
It is a freestanding piece.

If you could ever meet a fictional character, who would it be?
That is a tough question. I would love to hang out with Becky Bloomwood Brandon from the Confessions of a Shopaholic series.  Also Sherlock Holmes.  

Writing buddy?
My friend Megan C. is the one who got me involved in NaNoWriMo so we always encourage each other and talk to each other about our writing pieces.

Coffee, tea, or other?
Tea definitely but only black tea. My favorite is Irish Breakfast Tea.

Morning or night person?
Night person. I do all of my best thinking and am most creative from 11 to 1 at night. It has always been that way. I will never be a morning person.

What question do you wish people would ask about you or your writing?
What part of your writing career are you most proud of?

No comments:

Post a Comment